Okey doke herp friends
I could really use your help on this
This is a thing my leo has had for a few years on and off. I’ve talked about it on here before. I took her to a vet for the first year it appeared, but back then it was much less severe. It used to appear like a white filmy scar on her head. The vet had me try three different topical fungal treatments but nothing did the job. Eventually I ran out of money to continue the treatment games with the vet and continued to watch her for signs that it was paining her. It came and went with each shed, but it never seemed to bother her, until it went away altogether about a year ago.
When I returned home from school this year, this is what it had turned into. it’s scabby and went gently prodded (with a soft q-tip) appears to hurt her.
I have no fucking idea what it is. here’s some basic info on her and her environment to help anyone with sleuthing out what the hell this could be:
- tong-fed crickets every day- I make sure none of them go uneaten to make sure they aren’t going to bite her
- eats well
- very active
- ceramic lamp heating from above, but nothing so close to the lamp as to burn her
- paper towel substrate, changed frequently
- no sharp objects in terrarium
- no shedding problems
- she gets warm water bathes every so often to help with shedding
ask me for any additional information, pictures, whatever. I’m all about solving this issue because this is my baby and she’s obviously in pain.
Hit me up.